Wednesday, June 13, 2007

 
Jeanne the Assertive Cancer Patient has proposed a health and happiness simultaneous post.

without reading the other post(s), a couple of thoughts: that while you can have each without the other, an awareness of having health, even provisionally, can certainly contribute to happiness. I recently finished a short story about a woman who'd been trapped in a mineshaft for several days with the line "I am alive", and I know that that line came directly from my own experience. I whinge a lot on this blog, but to me that's about the search for a perfect life - I guess I'm a glass-half-full kind of person - and it in no way reduces the soaring feeling I have, on the rare occasions I let myself believe I've got away with it, that I am unbelievably blessed.

I suppose it's like the cliche of having an attitude of gratitute. and reading that Jeanne is awaiting an MRI result reminded me of that.

health can mean vigor and fitness, or it can mean simply surviving. for a while there I simply survived, with the ongoing surgical reconstruction aftermath. now, in contrast, I am regaining vigor - and that, certainly, makes me happy.

and for my little boy, I'll trade off all the wealth in the world against his health and happiness.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]